- The Oba of Benin has given full responsibility for retrieving the treasures to Britain and to no one else.
- Anyone wishing to help should consult with the British government.
- Anyone wishing to return a Benin treasure in their possession should consult with the British government.
- Any treasure item to be returned must be accompanied by monetary compensation to cover the years it was denied to the owners and the Benin people. This is only fair.
- If you have returned one and have not paid any monetary compensation, consider doing so.